EFFECTIVE: January 2021
The sections that follow will describe our information collection and sharing practices, and the safeguards we use to protect your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information that we collect from you may include:
- Personal identifiers such as your name, customer number, and Social Security number;
- Personal information, such as your address, phone number, email, or date of birth; and
- Financial information, such as your bank account number, account holdings or your investments or transactions with us.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect the categories of personal information listed above:
- Directly from you, including from forms you complete or requests you make in connection with assets managed and/or owned by us;
- From service providers who help create, maintain, customize and secure accounts you may have with us or them; or
- From third parties or institutions representing you, such as financial advisors or brokers dealers.
How We Use Your Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide support for or in connection with assets managed and/or owned by us;
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your accounts you may have with us;
- To process your requests, transactions, payments and to prevent fraud;
- When complying with a law, regulation or a court of government order or request; and
- In connection with any merger or consolidation with, or sale of, all or substantially all of our assets to a third party.
How We Protect Your Information
We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information.
We restrict access to personal information to those who need that information in order for us to provide services to you.
If you correspond with us by email, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible by email. You consent to your use of email as a means of such notification.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your personal information. For example, when you are asked to provide personal information on this website, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
The site may ask you to provide your email address so that you can receive specific information or email newsletters, alerts, or reminders about us and other topics of interest. This process will require the subscriber to select and “opt-in” to desired eCommunications, then submit this information to VEREIT.
Email Reply Mechanisms
This site may provide you with one or more email reply mechanisms through which you may submit questions or comments. Information you provide through an email reply is typically optional. We may use the information you provide in your email to respond to your inquiry, and we reserve the right to retain whatever information you submit in your email, including your name, email address, and any comments or other information that you send via the email reply mechanism, in order to better serve you should you contact us again.
VEREIT is not responsible or liable for the independent privacy policies of these third-party websites. VEREIT encourages you to review all policies, rules, terms and regulations, including the privacy policies, of each website that you visit.
Our Commitment to You
We value the trust of our stakeholders and will continue to recognize the importance of holding your personal information as confidential.
We will require companies with whom we do business to use personal information appropriately and to safeguard the confidentiality of such information.
2325 East Camelback Road, 9th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85016
California Privacy Disclosure
This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure (this “Disclosure”) explains how VEREIT and its affiliates (“we,” or “us”) collect, use, and disclose personal information relating to California residents covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). This Disclosure is provided pursuant to the CCPA and applies solely to California consumers.
The specific personal information that we collect, use, and disclose and that relates to a California resident covered by the CCPA will vary based on our relationship or interaction with that individual.
For more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect, use, disclose, and protect such personal information, please see the above sections, “Personal Information We Collect”, “How We Collect Your Information”, How We Use Your Information” and “How We Protect Your Information.”
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number); and contact information such as postal address, telephone number and email address;
- Financial information;
- Commercial Information, such as transaction history; and
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer.
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you have purchased.
- performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number) and contact information, such as postal address, telephone number and email address, and financial information; and
- Commercial information, such as transaction history.
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- Our service providers.
Sale of Personal Information
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you free of charge the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months preceding your request.
- Request that we delete personal information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment by us because you exercised your rights under the CCPA
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may submit an access or deletion request by:
- Emailing us at CCPA@VEREIT.com
- Calling us at (602) 778-6000
- By clicking here and filling out the California Consumer Privacy Act form.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. We will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request to help protect your privacy and maintain security. We may verify your identity by requiring you to provide any of the following information: name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, or postal address. If you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we also may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the individual whose personal information is the subject of the request. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
If you submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of another person who is a California resident, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual.
Questions or Concerns
You may contact us with questions or concerns about this Disclosure and our practices by:
- Writing us at:
Re: CCPA Request
c/o Corporate Legal Department
2325 E. Camelback Road 9th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Emailing us at CCPA@VEREIT.com